Cebu is home to some of the best beaches and waterfalls, which attract travelers from all over the world. Whether you’re seeking a serene beachfront oasis, a high-end urban retreat, or an exclusive island hideaway, Cebu’s luxury resorts cater to every indulgence. Offering exceptional service, world-class facilities, gourmet dining experiences, and awe-inspiring views, these luxury resorts in Cebu provide the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable stay.
A GUIDE TO THE BEST LUXURY RESORTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
Cebu is one of the most popular destinations in the Philippines and has some absolutely stunning accommodations. In this blog post, I’ve rounded up the 12 best luxury resorts in Cebu.
QUICK PICKS: 3 BEST LUXURY RESORTS IN CEBU
Don’t have time to read the whole article? No Problem! Here are my three favorite over-water bungalows in the Philippines.
WHICH REGION IN CEBU IS BEST FOR YOU?
- North: When it comes to luxury accommodations, Cebu showcases some of the best luxury resorts in the world. If you are looking for a laid-back vacation away from the tireless bustling sound of the city, the northern area is a good option. Life here is mostly slow and very calm.
- South: The southern part of Cebu, on the other hand, is more for those who love to experience nature. Diving, canyoneering, and swimming with the whale sharks in the sea are among the many adventures to do here.
- Cebu City: The central part of Cebu, particularly Mactan is an ideal nest if you don’t want to miss the fun that the city gives. Therefore, I’ve handpicked some best luxury resorts on Mactan Island and selected a few from other regions.
12 BEST LUXURY RESORTS IN CEBU
Here is the comparison table of the Top 12 Best Luxury Resorts in Cebu.
|Crimson Resort & Spa- Mactan Island||Mactan Island||$221|
|Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa||Mactan Island||$183|
|Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu||Mactan Island||$129|
|Plantation Bay Resort & Spa||Mactan Island||$237|
|Jpark Island Resort & Water Park Cebu||Mactan Island||$246|
|Dusit Thani Mactan Cebu Resort||Mactan Island||$191|
|Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort||Sumilon Island||$198|
|Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel||Mactan Island||$170|
|Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort||Mactan Island||$114|
|Badian Island Wellness Resort||Moalboal||$183|
|Dolphin House Resort Moalboal||Moalboal||$136|
CRIMSON RESORT & SPA-MACTAN ISLAND
Crimson Resort & Spa-Mactan Island (Infinity Pool): If you’re searching for a 5-star resort in Mactan, Crimson Resort & Spa deserves to be on your radar. It offers lavish rooms and luxury villas fitted with air conditioning, huge TV, and a balcony. The standalone villas come with a plunge pool and a posh bathroom.
If you book one of their villas, you’ll get a free round trip airport transfer, breakfast option at their two restaurants, room service, and a daily cocktail served in the evening. They offer a myriad of activities for kids and adults. Whether you want to practice yoga in the beautiful outdoor and breathe in the fresh air or swim on the beach and pool, Crimson Resort & Spa is one of the top luxury resorts in Cebu.
SHANGRI-LA’S MACTAN RESORT & SPA
Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa (Family/Couple Pick): Classic luxury is always on tap at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa. Here you’ll find unparalleled comfort and service in a romantic and splendid setting. It is located 20-minute away from Mactan Airport. Boasting 530 lavish rooms and suites and 7 restaurants, this 5-star resort is popular among families and luxury travelers alike.
Each room has a balcony where you can easily feel the warm breeze of the ocean and enjoy the perfect ocean view. The resort staff is excellent and very welcoming to all their guests, not to mention they also have babysitting service and kids’ activities.
Another great thing to experience here is snorkeling in the house reef where you can enjoy watching stunning underwater creatures. The Chi Spa has amazing treatments and the food is exquisite. The fantastic mini-tour, relaxing yoga, golf course, and jet ski are among the things you will enjoy here. The vast array of activities makes this one of the best luxury resorts in Cebu.
MOVENPICK HOTEL MACTAN ISLAND CEBU
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu (Great Entertainment): Nestled on Mactan Island, Movenpick Hotel has always been a popular accommodation among luxury enthusiasts, business travelers, families, party lovers, and beach bums alike. Best known for “Ibiza Beach Club in Cebu”, this resort is named the trendiest dining and entertainment venue on the island.
It offers a wide range of luxurious rooms from deluxe rooms to presidential suites—all come with plush amenities. This 5-star Mediterranean-inspired beachfront resort offers programs, activities, and facilities for kids and adults, indoor and outdoor venues for corporate functions, and more. It has a private beach, lush gardens, swimming pool, spa, 24-hour fitness center, and a plethora of water sports.
With its world-class entertainment and service, you can’t go wrong at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, which is one of the classiest luxury resorts in Cebu.
PLANTATION BAY RESORT & SPA
Plantation Bay Resort & Spa (Over-water Bungalows): The jewel of Cebu’s iconic beach resort, Plantation Bay Resort & Spa is the ultimate hotspot for travelers seeking fun and relaxation in a charming setting. The moment you will arrive at the resort, you will be taken aback by its expansive space and over-water bungalows. It has plenty of salt-water lagoons surrounding the whole resort.
This upscale resort offers five outstanding restaurants with an extensive menu and reasonably-priced food, a wide range of spacious and comfortable rooms, a spa with a variety of treatments, and many activities on offer. What is really amazing is guests can even jump straight into the water from their verandas.
It is a family-friendly resort so they have extensive activities which are suitable for families. Activities include Scuba Diving, Aqua Rides, Golf & Tennis, Tours & excursions, and they even have archery and shooting ranges.
JPARK ISLAND RESORT & WATER PARK CEBU
Jpark Island Resort & Water Park Cebu (Family Pick): When it comes to fun and exciting aqua rides, Jpark Island Resort and Water Park Cebu will give you an amazing experience. This property gives nothing but first-rate service and amenities which include comfortable and fancy rooms that have beach or town views, a fitness center, and the mind-blowing water park that we all love.
The waterpark resort has 3 adrenaline-pumping water slides and plenty of swimming pools to keep guests entertained during their entire stay. Staying here will not give you dull moments with their wide array of activities designed for full entertainment.
DUSIT THANI MACTAN CEBU RESORT
Dusit Thani Mactan Cebu Resort (Value for Money): On the lookout for a conducive spot? Dusit Thani Mactan is one elegant property that takes pride and pleasure to give you one without going too far from the City. The warmth and hospitality of Filipino and Thai are blended with their impeccable services and essential amenities.
There are various entertainment and activities for all ages including the children’s playhouse and fitness center. Infinity pool, great view from the balcony, restaurant, the manicured garden, and nice ambiance is among the many this area owns. Relax and feel pampered in their spacious rooms that have TVs, furniture, and en-suite bathroom and toiletries for a price that is very competitive with other luxury resorts in Cebu.
Kandaya Resort (Infinity Pool): This luxury resort offers a great retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Situated in the northern part of Cebu, Kandaya Resort is one swanky accommodation in Daanbantayan.
Luxurious rooms boast balconies where you can take advantage of the views from either a garden, sea, or pool view. Each room is equipped with pretty much everything from a flat-screen TV, sofa, iron, mini bar, to coffee/tea making facilities. Their garden-to-table produce ensures fresh and healthy cuisines.
There is plenty of activities and leisure to choose from including horseback riding, snorkeling, swimming, and more. The highlight is the infinity pool where it meets the stunning white sand beach.
SUMILON BLUEWATER ISLAND RESORT
Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort (Best Sand Bar): Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort takes pride in its secluded location and cozy atmosphere. This high-end resort is technically nestled on a private island in the Southern part of Cebu; near where the whale sharks are. Boasting a white sand bar and sweeping views of the ocean, Sumilon Bluewater is a zen-like accommodation in Cebu.
It offers deluxe rooms, spacious villas, and luxury tents. Each room is fitted with a minibar, seating area, air conditioning, private bathroom, balcony, and the villa has a plunge pool. There are hammocks outside and the cliff Bar is perfect if you want to relax after a long day of snorkeling with a cocktail in hand.
The free breakfast is plentiful and the restaurant also serves a tasty dinner buffet. But if you want a bit more romantic, you can ask the staff to set up a romantic dinner on the sand bar.
It is also great that scuba diving and snorkeling are just right on your doorstep. This is a perfect choice if you want to escape from the city and stay on one of the private islands in Cebu .
COSTABELLA TROPICAL BEACH HOTEL
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel (Value for Money): Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel takes paramount care of all travelers by providing nothing but the best while being away from home. The resort is manicured with towering palm trees and beautiful gardens.
It offers a wide selection of luxurious rooms such as deluxe poolside, junior suite, 2-bedroom seafront suite, and more. For as low as $170, you can grab a junior suite room with a perfect ocean view, complete amenities, and a complimentary breakfast. With all the services that this property provides, everything is spic and span.
There is a wide array of activities such as volleyball, badminton, water sports, evening entertainment and more are available. The boardwalk and the white sand beach are perfect spots if you want to watch the sunset or have a romantic dinner with your loved one at this stunning luxury resort in Cebu.
MARIBAGO BLUEWATER BEACH RESORT
Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort (Value for Money): The proximity of this property to the airport and the city makes this one a good sanctuary to invigorate and escape from the hectic schedule. Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort is one of the top picks and leading in providing fabulous services and amenities for a very good rate.
All accommodation types include a balcony, private bathroom, bathtub, AC, flat-screen TV, and minibar, but it is in a Royal bungalow you get the ocean view. Playing volleyball, kayaking, snorkeling, and fishing are some of the activities you can enjoy here. Take a dip in the lovely pool or get the sun-kissed skin on the beach, but don’t forget to pay a visit to their fitness center or the spa. Breakfast, a good Wi-Fi connection, and free parking are among the inclusions in your stay.
BADIAN ISLAND WELLNESS RESORT
Badian Island Wellness Resort (Serene Location): Another luxury resort tucked away from the bustling city of Cebu and an amazing resort located in a quiet location in Badian. Featuring lavish rooms, a fancy ocean-facing spa, bathtubs, cascading salt-water pools, and an organic garden, Badian Island Wellness Resort is an eco-friendly accommodation in Cebu making it a perfect hideaway to recharge your body and take the stress away.
Food ingredients are freshly picked from their own farm and they are healthy and delicious. The beach is stunning and hammocks hang between coconut trees. Each room has a terrace where you can see the best sea and sunset views.
The island is surrounded by beautiful corals making it perfect for snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, and more. It is a perfect place if you are planning to disconnect or solely spend time with yourself or loved ones.
DOLPHIN HOUSE RESORT MOALBOAL
Dolphin House Resort Moalboal (Scuba Diving Experience): If you are a scuba diver or want to study diving while having a taste of luxurious accommodation, Dolphin House Resort is a stunning accommodation situated in a tucked away Southwestern corner of Cebu–Moalboal. Dolphin House Resort Moalboal is not only a beautiful paradise by the sea but also a great scuba diving lesson provider.
The property is a fusion of traditional and modern ideas and all facilities are kept to their standard of cleanliness. It also caters to all types of needs from a variety of accommodation types to outdoor activities like snorkeling and diving experience. The resort has lots of places to chill or do what you love as it doesn’t really get crowded. After all the tiring adventuress during the day, end it at the bar meeting people or simply enjoying a cool night vibe.
I hope this guide to the best luxury resorts in Cebu helped you decide on your luxury accommodation. Enjoy the island!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LUXURY RESORTS IN CEBU
Luxury resorts in Cebu, Philippines, offer a high-end, unforgettable experience, but there are a few things worth knowing before you book your stay:
- Variety of Resorts: Cebu’s luxury resorts come in all shapes and sizes. From exclusive beachfront properties on Mactan Island to boutique mountain retreats in Busay, there’s a resort for every type of luxury traveler.
- World-Class Amenities: These resorts offer a range of world-class amenities. Expect spacious rooms and suites with stunning views, multiple dining venues serving international and local cuisine, rejuvenating spas, fully equipped fitness centers, and sometimes even golf courses.
- Private Beaches and Pools: Many luxury resorts in Cebu, especially those on Mactan Island, have private beaches and infinity pools overlooking the ocean. Some also offer water sports facilities for diving, snorkeling, jet-skiing, and island hopping.
- Cultural Experiences: Some luxury resorts incorporate local cultural elements into their offerings. This could include traditional Filipino spa treatments, local culinary classes, cultural shows, and local artisanal crafts in the décor.
- Service and Hospitality: Filipino hospitality is renowned worldwide, and this is evident in the high level of service at Cebu’s luxury resorts. Expect personalized attention, from concierge services to private dining experiences.
- Sustainable Practices: Many luxury resorts in Cebu are adopting sustainable practices. This can range from incorporating locally sourced ingredients in their restaurants, to using solar power, to running conservation programs.
- Pricing and Packages: Luxury comes at a price, and these resorts can be quite expensive. However, many offer packages that include meals, airport transfers, and tours, which can provide better value.
MORE CEBU TRAVEL GUIDES
- Ultimate Cebu Bucketlist: 26 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON CEBU
- Canyoneering Guide: KAWASAN FALLS CEBU CANYONEERING
- Ultimate Oslob Guide: WHAT TO DO IN OSLOB CEBU
- Digital Nomad Guide to Moalboal: THE DIGITAL NOMAD GUIDE TO MOALBOAL, CEBU
- Waterfall Chasing: 14 BEST WATERFALLS IN CEBU
- Moalboal Guide: 20 BEST THINGS TO DO IN MOALBOAL
- Alegria Guide: 13 BEST THINGS TO DO IN ALEGRIA
- Hiking Osmena Peak: OSMEÑA PEAK IN CEBU – A BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE HIKE
MY 5 FAVORITE CEBU TOURS
- Oslob Whale Sharks & Moalboal Sardine Run Snorkeling – This combo tour is the BEST VALUE way to enjoy a guided and PRIVATE tour of the two most popular activities in Cebu.
- Moalboal Island Hopping & Pescador Island & Turtle Bay Snorkeling: Swim with turtles and the sardine balls on an island-hopping boat trip from Moalboal.
- Bluewater Sumilon Island Day Tour – Visit the crystal clear water of Sumilon Island on this day tour.
- Kawasan Falls Canyoneering Tour (BEST PRICE): The classic tour. Number one most booked activity in Cebu!
- Bohol Day tour from Cebu: Want to visit Bohol but are short of time? See the top sights on this one-day adventure including transport.
Click the orange button below to view all of the top-rated tours on Klook
MORE OF MY PHILIPPINES GUIDES
- The Ultimate Philippines Itinerary: 3-4 WEEK PHILIPPINES ITINERARY
- Best Island Hopping Trip: BIG DREAM BOAT MAN IN CORON
- The Backpacker’s Guide to the Philippines: 1 MONTH FOR $800
- Ultimate Guide to Coron: 22 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN CORON
- Ultimate Guide to Siargao: 40 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN SIARGAO
- Ultimate Guide to Romblon: 17 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN ROMBLON
- Ultimate Guide to El Nido: 20 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN EL NIDO
- Ultimate Guide to Bohol: 27 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN BOHOL
- Ultimate Guide to Sibuyan: 9 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN SIBUYAN
MY ACCOMMODATION GUIDES FOR THE PHILIPPINES
- Luxury in South Cebu: 18 BEST SOUTH CEBU RESORTS
- Bucketlist: 13 BEST PHILIPPINES OVERWATER BUNGALOWS
- Beach Resorts in North Cebu: BEST RESORTS IN CEBU
- El Nido Resorts: 12 BEST RESORTS IN EL NIDO
- Moalboal Accommodation: WHERE TO STAY IN MOALBOAL
- Panglao Resorts: 13 BEST LUXURY RESORTS IN PANGLAO
- Siargao Accommodation: WHERE TO STAY IN SIARGAO
- Hostels in Cebu: 10 BEST HOSTELS IN CEBU
- Sustainable Resorts: 12 BEST ECO RESORTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Coron Accommodation: WHERE TO STAY IN CORON