Traveling from Coron to Boracay is a very simple short flight, passing over beautiful islands and the scenic hills of Coron. However, the flights are not always offered on this route and it is tough to plan ahead. Traveling throughout the Phillipines can be difficult at times when trying to find ferries, flights and bus transport that aren’t too time consuming.
HOW TO GET FROM CORON TO BORACAY
I found myself in Coron needing to arrive directly to Boracay. I didn’t want to spend my whole day flying to Manila or Puerto Princesa and then taking a second flight to Boracay. Searching for available options I discovered Air Juan Philippines offered a 1-hour flight from Coron to Boracay. There is no airport on Boracay. The flight lands on Caticlan, which is nearby and then you need to take a ferry for 200 Pesos to Boracay. The ferry is only 10-15 minutes.
The airport in Coron is only 30 minutes from the town and while it is quite small everything went smoothly and was well organized. The plane was one of the smallest I have been on capable of seating 6 passengers. Despite it’s size the plane ride was smooth and both landing and take-off were comfortable.
CORON TO BORACAY VIEWS
The best part about the journey is the amazing views throughout the entire journey. Taking off from Coron, I was able to enjoy the rolling hills that line the coast. Immediately after leaving Coron hundreds of islets cover the deep blue ocean. The flight was worth it jus for the views and I actually joked that people might take this route and fly back immediately just as a joy flight.
When you arrive in Coron you will be overwhelmed with activities and island hopping options as there is so much to do here.
ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH MY CORON SERIES?
- Best Island Hopping Experience: (4 Days & 3 Nights) Big Dream Boat Man Coron Tour Review.
- My Ultimate Travel Guide: Coron Travel Guide: 22 Awesome Things To Do
- A detailed activity schedule for you: Ultimate Coron Itinerary for 3-4 Days
- A comprehensive accommodation guide: 20 Best Places to Stay in Coron
- Best activity that is not in the water: Mt. Tapyas Hike for the best view in Coron.
Or you might want to jump to a few of my favorite spots in Coron:
- Read my blog post about Kayangan Lake
- Read my blog about Black Island
- Read my blog about Barracuda Lake
- Read my blog about Lusong Gunboat