Coron is one of the 7,500 Phillipines islands that make up the Philippines so I understand it can be hard to choose exactly which one you should visit. If you are having a hard time deciding, let these Coron images sway in the right direction.
37 AWESOME PHOTOS OF CORON, PALAWAN
The journey began with a hike up Mt. Tapyas. 742 Steps to the Coron Sign. The cross in the background lights up at night and gave us a sense of direction on many occasions.
A beautiful look over Coron Town, the port and the surrounding islands.
3 POPULAR CORON TOURS
- Coron Island Hopping Trip: The iconic boat trip to amazing Kayangan Lake & Barracuda Lake. Best value and most popular
- Snorkeling, Shipwrecks, Private Islands (Island Hopping D): Pass Island, Lusong Gunboat Shipwreck Snorkel & Coral Gardens. This is my favorite island hopping in Coron and is the snorkeling paradise & active tour.
- Coron Land Tour: Get to know Coron! Visit Mt Tapyas viewing deck, Maquinit Hot Spring and important sites around town. Great for a day off from snorkeling and island hopping.
I only recommend tours with Guide To The Philippines, who are a locally owned company and the most RELIABLE & PROFESSIONAL in Coron with small group sizes.
I didn’t envisage this type of landscape in the Philippines but that is the beauty of adventures. You discover places you couldn’t have dreamed up.
Enough hiking we were here for the island hopping. So let it begin.
The water clarity in Coron is unfathomable. I remember likening it to drinking water so many times people got annoyed at my constant comparisons. I’m sorry I’ve just never seen water that is so clear.
Our first stop was Kayangan Lake. Luckily we arrived before anyone else and explored the area for more than an hour, enjoying the tranquility of this beautiful spot.
Then it was time for a snorkel at Siete Pecados Marine Park. Tell me the water isn’t as clear as drinking water.
The best way to see what Coron has to offer is on board one of these beauties.
One of the highlights of my time on Coron was free-diving at the WWII Skeleton Wreck.
On the second day of Island hopping we opted for some awesome islands after spending the day before in the lagoons and snorkeling. Same boat different day.
Bulog Dos is an island or three. Depending on what time you visit will alter your experience. When we arrived the sandbar that connects the islands was almost completely submerged beneath the water.
Can you think of a better spot for lunch than Banana Island?
Our last stop on the Coron Island hopping experience was a relaxing few hours on Malacapuya Island.
And then it was time to leave Coron and somehow accept that it will be a long while if ever that I get the opportunity to return to this beautiful island paradise.
ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH MY CORON SERIES?
- Best Island Hopping Experience: (4 Days & 3 Nights) Big Dream Boat Man Coron Tour Review.
- My Ultimate Travel Guide: Coron Travel Guide: 22 Awesome Things To Do
- A detailed activity schedule for you: Ultimate Coron Itinerary for 3-4 Days
- A comprehensive accommodation guide: 20 Best Places to Stay in Coron
- Best activity that is not in the water: Mt. Tapyas Hike for the best view in Coron.
Or you might want to jump to a few of my favorite spots in Coron:
- Read my blog post about Kayangan Lake
- Read my blog about Black Island
- Read my blog about Barracuda Lake
- Read my blog about Lusong Gunboat