This is the ultimate guide for the top Snorkeling tours on Oahu. There’s nowhere in the world quite like Oahu when it comes to marine life. With about a thousand miles of coral reef surrounding the Hawaiian Islands, snorkeling is one of the island’s most popular water activities. You can come face to face with tropical fish, green turtles, spinner dolphins, spotted eagle rays, and even hear the calls of majestic humpback whales.
My personal favorites are Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by Catamaran to snorkel with green turtles and Oahu Snorkel Cruise: Swim With Turtles In Waikiki to snorkel, eat delicious food and learn about Hawaiian history.
QUICK PICKS: TOP 4 OAHU SNORKELING TOURS
Don’t have time to read my entire article about the best boat snorkeling tours on Oahu? No worries! I’ve shortlisted my four favorite Oahu snorkeling tours here to make things easy for you.
Does this sound good to you? If so, then you should check out these top-rated snorkeling tours on Oahu and you might want to consider booking in advance (especially if you are visiting during peak season) as many of these tours are sold out 5-6 days in advance.
BEST RENTAL CAR COMPANY IN HAWAII
TOP 10 SNORKELING TOURS ON OAHU COMPARISON TABLE
Below I have a comparison table with prices and duration and if you keep scrolling down, there is a description of each tour and a link to the tour booking page. Enjoy and I hope you find a snorkeling tour on Oahu that suits you and your family!
TOP 3 PLACES TO STAY ON OAHU
TOP 10 SNORKELING TOURS ON OAHU, HAWAII
In this blog post, I have rounded up the ten most highly-rated Snorkeling tours on Oahu. I’ve snorkeled at every spot on this list and also done most of these tours like snorkeling with dolphins and the Turtle Canyon Snorkel.
TURTLE CANYON SNORKEL CRUISE BY CATAMARAN
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by Catamaran: Have you ever dreamt of snorkeling with green turtles in Oahu? Then it’s time to do it! Let Catamaran Cruise take care of getting you there with everything you need for a lovely day of snorkeling and cruising. For $97, you will get pretty much everything you need from pick-up and drop-off, snorkeling and SCUBA equipment, lunch and snacks, complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and an expert guide.
There are two tour options; a 2-hour morning tour and a 3-hour midday tour. It is impossible not to spot green turtles during the tour but if you don’t see any on your tour, you can book another tour for free. As a photo lover, I like the chill on the deck of the boat and taking photos of Waikiki’s insane scenery. Definitely worth the time and the money for this one!
Book your tour: Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by Catamaran
ECO-FRIENDLY DOLPHIN SNORKEL HALF-DAY CRUISE (BEST SELLER)
Eco-friendly Dolphin Snorkel Half-day Cruise: If watching wild spinner dolphins and snorkeling with tropical fish and sea turtles are what you are looking for, Leeward Coast Dolphin and Snorkel Half-Day Cruise is just what you need. You’ll get a fully inclusive tour that offers transport to and from hotels, meals on-board your boat, two complimentary alcoholic beverages, and free use of snorkel gear. The captain and the crew are personable, knowledgeable, and professional so you will definitely enjoy their journey.
The excursion starts at 9:00 A.M. and you will return to Waikiki around 1:00 P.M. If you are lucky, giant humpback whales will be there to greet you. If ever you don’t encounter dolphins, you will still receive a snorkeling activity at no cost or a cruise with cocktail and sunset. Not as cheap as other tours in Waikiki but it’s worth it!
Book your tour: Eco-friendly Dolphin Snorkel Half-day Cruise
WAIANAE COAST SNORKEL CRUISE WITH DOLPHIN & WHALE WATCHING
Waianae Coast Snorkel Cruise With Dolphin & Whale Watching: I think this is the best tour of the island if you want to see spinner dolphins and turtles. What’s more, if you’re fortunate enough and go in the right season you will spot magnificent humpback whales. The tour guide picks you up from Waikiki and takes you on a snorkeling adventure on Waianae Coast, about a 45-minutes drive to the harbor before you board the boat.
Then, they will provide you a complete snorkel gear such as masks, fins, snorkel, and life vests.
Book your tour: Waianae Coast Snorkel Cruise With Dolphin & Whale Watching
- Best tour of the island
- Spinner dolphins and turtles
- Magnificent humpback whales
NORTH SHORE SHARK CAGE DIVE ADVENTURE
The North Shore Shark Cage Dive Tour is the most easily the most epic and unique bout tours on Oahu. The tour takes you just a few miles offshore where you will put on a snorkel and get inside a cage. For 20 minutes under the water, you’ll be surrounded by around a dozen sharks or even more. Pickup and drop-off service and equipment are included. You don’t need to be a good swimmer as you just hold on inside the cage. This was one of my all-time favorite things to do on Oahu.
Book your tour: North Shore Shark Cage Dive Tour
OAHU SNORKEL CRUISE: SWIM WITH TURTLES IN WAIKIKI
Oahu Snorkel Cruise: Swim With Turtles In Waikiki: If you want to experience the majesty and magic of snorkeling and swimming with wild dolphins, then Oahu Snorkel Cruise have you covered! The unique combination of swimming closely with the dolphins and turtles, various options of delicious food, and learning about Hawaiian history and culture has made it a top pick amongst animal enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
This 4-hour, morning tour provides comfortable hotel transport from Waikiki and Ko Olina to Waianae Harbor. All the gears you need from snorkel, masks, fins, and life jackets are provided to help you get the most of your day in the water.
Book your tour: Oahu Snorkel Cruise: Swim With Turtles In Waikiki
ECO-FRIENDLY WEST OAHU SNORKEL SAIL WITH DOLPHINS
Eco-friendly West Oahu Snorkel Sail With Dolphins: The west side of Oahu is the most underrated place on the island and also where you are most likely to have a natural encounter with a dolphin or turtle. I can tell you that from experience, you rarely go west and don’t see some sealife! Not only that, but the captain will also entertain you by talking about Hawaiian natural history whilst taking you to a hidden snorkeling spot.
You’ll be provided with all the gear you need for perfect snorkeling in a not-so-crowded spot. They have showers and changing facilities onboard for you to get comfy.
Book your tour: Eco-friendly West Oahu Snorkel Sail With Dolphins
CATAMARAN SAIL AND SNORKEL ON OAHU
Catamaran Sail And Snorkel On Oahu: Catamaran Sail offers a half-day snorkeling adventure that covers everything from transportation (pickup and drop-off from selected Waikiki hotels as well as the boat ride), high-quality snorkel gear, delicious Hawaiian-style lunch, and complimentary cocktails. The boat will take you to two different snorkeling spots where you can see amazing corals and native Hawaiian sea animals like pods of spinner dolphins.
The first spot is at Ko Olina Marina and Resort where you can munch some snacks before jumping into the water. After snorkeling in the first reef, the boat veers away and takes you to the next reef.
Book your tour: Catamaran Sail And Snorkel On Oahu
- Snorkeling adventure
- Transportation (pick up and drop-off)
TOUR OF NORTH SHORE AND HANAUMA BAY SNORKEL
Tour Of North Shore And Hanauma Bay Snorkel: This 9-hour tour takes you to visit Banzai Pipeline but also other famous North Shore spots like Turtle Town, Dole Plantation, Waimea Bay, and the best spot for snorkeling, Hanauma Bay. The Tour of North Shore and Hanauma Bay offers a mini-van pick-up in Waikiki and drop-off. The tour guide expert will provide you with complete snorkel gear and narrative.
You can enjoy lunch at Tsue Farms on the Northshore as well kayaking and paddleboarding if you upgrade your tour into Premium.
Book your tour: Tour Of North Shore And Hanauma Bay Snorkel
- Famous North Shore spots
- Best spot for snorkeling
- Complete snorkel gear and narrative
I hope one of those Oahu snorkeling tours seemed like a good fit for you and your family and it is one of the highlights of your vacation to Oahu!
WHERE TO STAY ON OAHU
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort (Overall Favorite): In the heart of Waikiki, this high-end resort is right on the beach with a private lagoon.
- Sheraton Waikiki (Luxury): A luxury resort with the most amazing infinity pool on the island, which overlooks the beach.
- Ewa Hotel Waikiki: (Value): Ewa Hotel is just one block back from the beach and is just over $150 USD.
- Waikiki Beachside Hostel (Budget Choice): A budget alternative, which is still in an amazing location.
- Disney Aulani Resort (Family Choice): This is a resort your kids will never forget. It honestly feels like you are living in a theme park.
MORE OAHU BLOG POSTS
I lived on Oahu for two years and loved adventuring from the beaches to the mountains to the waterfalls! These are my most popular blog post and guides from the beautiful island of Oahu to help you plan your trip!
- What to pack for Hawaii: THE HAWAII PACKING LIST: WHAT TO PACK
- A helpful guide to choosing accommodation: WHERE TO STAY ON OAHU
- Most epic hike on Oahu: THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN OAHU, HAWAII
- The best Waterfalls: AMAZING WATERFALLS ON OAHU, HAWAII
- Ultimate Cliff Jumping Guide: 11 BEST CLIFF JUMPING SPOTS ON OAHU
- Guide to Swimming with Sea Turtles: WHERE TO SEE TURTLES ON OAHU
- The best Waterfall Hikes: TOP WATERFALL HIKES ON OAHU
- Best Tours: 20 BEST TOURS ON OAHU
- The Ultimate Guide to Oahu: 80 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON OAHU
THE FOUR MOST POPULAR OAHU TOURS
- Doors-Off Oahu Helicopter Flight Tour: My number one recommendation is to do a heli-flight (doors off) and be blown away when you see Oahu from the air.
- North Shore Shark Cage Tour: The biggest adrenaline rush you can have in Hawaii is beneath the surface with sharks!
- Eco-Friendly Dolphin and Snorkel Tour: One of the best experiences I had on Oahu was swimming with the beautiful spinner dolphins on this exact tour.
- Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by Catamaran: The number 1 MOST POPULAR snorkel tour on Oahu. GUARANTEED Turtles!
BEST INSURANCE FOR TRAVELERS
Don’t wait for an accident to happen… get insured! My travel insurance is HeyMondo which offers low-cost travel & medical insurance. That’s me on the left with three teeth knocked out after a motorbike crash in Bali!
You can click to read my Full Review of the Best Travel Insurance.
I’ve made several successful claims with HeyMondo and find their customer service very quick and helpful. Click the button below to get a 5% DISCOUNT
What are my favorite pieces of travel gear?
There are four pieces of gear that I simply never travel without. These are four items that I using right now and this list gets updated every year! Here are my travel essentials.
- Packing Cube Set: Once you cube you’ll never go back. Organize your clothes within your luggage with these smart mesh containers. It will revolutionize your packing.
- Quick-Dry Towel: A quick-dry towel is a must for travelers. It hardly takes up any room and dries in seconds.
- Travel Wallet: Keep your passport, wallet, and vaccine card safe as well as any forms and important documents you need to store.
- Grayl GeoPress Water Filter Bottle: I’ve used this for three years. It filters your water with one press and you can drink directly from it. Never buy a plastic water bottle again!