Mahana Point Cliff, found on the little island of Nusa Ceningan in Bali, is a beautiful spot that fully captures the island’s rough beauty. This high cliff bar, overlooking the deep blue ocean, provides a great view of the surf and back towards the coast. It’s not just a place for those seeking peace, but also a popular spot for thrill-seekers who enjoy cliff diving into the bright blue waters. Whether you’re there to catch some sun, see the impressive cliff views, or make a bold jump, Mahana Point Cliff promises a memorable time.
A rocky outcrop hangs over the ocean making it the perfect spot for a restaurant and bar. There are a 10m and a 5m diving board and a ladder to climb back up safely. It is important to note that you do need to pay to jump, even if you are eating and drinking at the bar. If you want a free jump, consider heading to the Blue Lagoon cliff jump during the day.
I wrote a guide for all you cliff jumpers: 10 Best Cliff Jumping Spots in Bali
How to get to the Nusa Islands
There are three main options to get to Nusa Penida depending on your budget and how many logistics you want to manage. Here are the three options with the cheapest first:
- Book your ticket: Sanur (Bali) to Nusa Lembongan – Book a regular ferry that leaves from Sanur to Nusa Penida on the reliable website 12go. You then need to moped or taxi across to Nusa Penida via another ferry/boat.
- Book a fast boat: Sanur (Bali) to Nusa Penida – This option is great as you go direct from Bali to Penida without having to stop in Lembongan. This option is only slightly more expensive than stopping in Lembongan. This is my favorite option of the three and can be booked on Klook.
- Book a fast boat with hotel pick-up: Sanur (Bali) to Nusa Penida – This option includes a fast boat from Sanur (Bali) to Nusa Penida but also includes pick-up from your hotel in Bali in a van. This option from GetYourGuide is a bit more expensive but takes all the hassle out of the transit from Bali to Nusa Penida.
How to get to the Mahana Point cliff jump
If you are staying on Nusa Lembongan you will need to rent a moped for $5 and drive across the yellow bridge. It’s about 15 minutes of driving from the main street in Nusa Lembongan. If you reach the Blue Lagoon, continue driving for another 200 yards and it will be on your right. It’s signposted so you shouldn’t have any trouble spotting the turn-off.
Mahana Point Cliff Jump
Mahana Point cliff jump is a great little restaurant with epic views and lots of activities to give a crack after your lunch or dinner. They rent out surfboards, which you can use at the break just off the bar. The cliff jumps are obviously the main attraction but it’s also a great spot for sunset, so there is a lot of action going on at this bar and restaurant.
The Mahana Point cliff jump has a 10m diving board and a 5m diving board. There is a ladder to help you get out of the water and up onto the rocks with ease unlike the necessary scramble at the nearby Blue Lagoon Cliff Jump. They do charge per jump, unfortunately. The big 10m jump costs 50,000 rupiah and the small jump costs 25,000 rupiah, which is about $4 USD or $2 USD.
BEST CAMERA FOR BALI
The GoPro Hero11 is the BEST camera for traveling around Bali and Indonesia.
- Waterproof for snorkeling, island-hopping, hiking and beach days.
- Built-in stabilization for filming your travels and adventure activities
- 5.3K video and 27MP Photo to capture awesome memories of friends and family
The water was deep enough on both jumps but don’t pin drop as you may scrape the bottom ever so slightly. We backflipped and jumped multiple times off both boards without touching the bottom.
Mahana Point cliff jump restaurant
The food at Mahana Point cliff jump is pretty good quality. We had one of the better Nasi Goreng’s (Indonesia rice, vegetable, and chicken dish) of the trip here and they had a good variety of options on the menu. Because of the location is it is a little more expensive than a Warung in Nusa Lembongan. However, the Nasi Goreng was still only 40,000 or $3USD. Prices have likely risen over the years.
Beers, cocktails, juices, and milkshakes are all available, which go down perfect for a sunset and a great way to finish the day.
TOP 3 PLACES TO STAY ON LEMBONGAN
I’ve written a massive, detailed guide about the Best Places To Stay on Nusa Lembongan…BUT If you just want me three favorites right now, here they are!
Mahana Beach and Surf Break
The Beach right next door is actually a perfect little-secluded cove and one of the many overlooked beaches, not found anywhere on the tourist trail. If you want to enjoy a beach chill after lunch you can walk around the corner and relax in peace and quiet with no one else around.
Mahana Point cliff jump restaurant rent out surfboards and some of our crew rented a board. They were 70,000 rupiah for the rental, which is just over $5 USD. The break can be watched from the restaurant so your mates can watch from right behind where the waves are breaking. The currents can get strong so this is not a beginners spot to surf, which is something to take into consideration.
Definitely, add this to your list when considering the best things to do on Nusa Ceningan
BEST NUSA PENIDA DAY TOURS
If you are staying in Bali.. take a day trip on a speedboat to explore the highlights of Nusa Penida. It takes just 35 minutes to get from Bali to Nusa Penida by speed boat. Yep, in just one day you can snorkel with Manta rays and visit lots of the best beaches and viewpoints.
Manta Ray Snorkeling Tour
Manta Ray Nusa Penida Tour (from Bali): Snorkeling with Manta Rays is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and one of the best wildlife encounters I’ve had in my life. The Manta Rays are majestic and very friendly. With a wingspan of 5m, these gentle giants cruise around you while you snorkel amongst them. The Nusa Penida Manta Ray Snorkel Tour includes pick up and drop off from your hotel in Bali and all transport and tickets included.
Nusa Penida Highlights Tour
Nusa Penida Highlights Tour: Get picked-up from your Bali hotel, take a 35-minute fast boat to Nusa Penida and then visit the most popular viewpoints, beaches and snorkel spots on the island. This small Nusa Penida Highlights Tour group tour is the most highly reviewed day trip for Nusa Penida Island. You’ll visit all the most popular spots and can request certain viewpoints on your itinerary. Places you will visit are sites like the ones listed below:
- Angel’s Billabong
- Kelingking T-Rex Beach
- Broken Beach
- Rumah Pohon Treehouse
- Snorkeling at Crystal Bay
- Thousand Island Viewpoint
MORE NUSA ISLANDS BLOG POSTS
There are a ton of epic things to do on Nusa Penida, but I also wrote detailed guides for all of the adventurous things to do on Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan. You can explore more of my guides by clicking one of the links below.
- NUSA ISLANDS GUIDE: LEMBONGAN, PENIDA, CENINGAN
- 27 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON NUSA PENIDA
- 9 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON NUSA LEMBONGAN
- 5 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON NUSA CENINGAN
- BEST CLIFF JUMP SPOTS IN BALI, INDONESIA
- WHERE TO STAY ON NUSA PENIDA: EAST & WEST REGION
- THE PERFECT 3-DAY NUSA PENIDA ITINERARY
- BEST NUSA PENIDA DAY TRIP TOURS FROM BALI
- HOW TO GET TO NUSA PENIDA FROM BALI VIA FERRY/BOAT