There is no better way to experience the island of Oahu than paddling along the coast in the crystal clear waters of the Pacific Ocean. It’s a great place for beginners with a number of very calm beaches providing a great place for a kayaking adventure. There are a number of popular spots for kayak tours on Oahu such as Chinaman’s Hat or paddling out to the Na Mokoluas (two islets) just off Lanikai Beach.
BEST KAYAK TOURS ON OAHU
In this blog post, I will share with you all of the top spots for Kayaking on Oahu Island. I will also detail the most popular kayak tours and provide you with the links about where to book them. It’s best to book the tours in advance as most activities book out weeks in advance here on Oahu. I’ll also let you know where you can rent a kayak if you want to have a kayak adventure without a guide.
BEST OAHU KAYAK TOURS COMPARISON TABLE
|Kailua 2-hour Kayak Tour||$180|
|Kaneohe Kayak Rental||$60|
|Kailua Kayak Rental||$50|
|North Shore Adventure Tour – Paddle & Hike||$129|
BEST RENTAL CAR COMPANY IN HAWAII
BEST KAYAK TOURS ON OAHU, HAWAII
Okay, let’s do this and take a look at the top kayaking tours on Oahu in detail.
KAYAK TOUR IN LANIKAI TO NA MOKULUA (TWO ISLANDS)
This small-group kayak tour lasts for 5 hours with round-trip transportation and lunch. From Waikiki, you will ride a van to Kailua Bay for half an hour. You can either choose a self-guided tour in which you will be briefed on the safety measures before you begin on your own or select a guided tour with a small group tour with a professional guide.
You’ll explore Kailua Bay’s pristine and turquoise waters while watching sea turtles feeding on the rich corals of the bay. You’ll be paddling from Kailua Beach to Mokulua Islands, Flat Island, and Lanikai Beach where you will have your picnic lunch. The best thing about this tour is they provide you with dry bags, shower amenities, and lockers for your stuff. One of the top-rated tours on Oahu!
Book your tour: Kailua Kayak Tour
TOP 3 PLACES TO STAY ON OAHU
KAYAK TO CHINAMAN’S HAT IN KANEOHE
Kayak Rental: Kaneohe Kayak Rental
The Chinaman’s Hat is a small island near Kualoa Ranch. It is accessible by kayak or a short swim. Once you arrive at the island a mini hike to the top will give you amazing views of the shore and the Kualoa Mountains. There is a great kayak rental at Kaneohe that sets up the kayaks on the beach for you so you can paddle out Chinamans Hat. This rental company is a not-for-profit, with proceeds helping to fund Kama’aina Kids and He’eia State Park!
My full blog post: Kayak adventure to Chinaman’s Hat
NORTH SHORE ADVENTURE TOUR: HIKE AND PADDLE
North Shore Kayak & Adventure Tour: North Shore Adventure Tour – Paddle & Hike
The ultimate North Shore Adventure Tour includes Sample local coffee, kayak, or SUP (your choice) on the North Shore, visiting famous beaches, swimming under a waterfall, and more! You’ll stop off at some of the best sights & scenic viewpoints of Oahu and have the chance to try local flavors and favorite dishes. This is a very immersive tour full of action and local tips and food spots. Perfect for guests who want a taste of the island!
Book your tour: North Shore Adventure Tour – Paddle & Hike
KAYAK RENTAL AT KAILUA BEACH
Kailua Kayak Rental: Kailua Kayak Rental Pre-Book
If you want to explore Kailua and Lanikai by kayak and feel confident enough to head out by yourself, no need to join a tour. You can simply pre-book your kayak rental in advance and it will be ready for you at the beach when you arrive. These waters are quite calm in the Lanikai and Kailua area so it’s a great place to go out for a paddle. If you are up for an adventure, you can paddle out to the islands. The great part about the rental is that it is on the beach waiting for you and they will pack it up when you return. It’s a no-hassle way to arrive, kayak, and go home without any hassles to deal with.
Book your kayaking rental: Tandem Kayak Rental
I hope this list of the top kayak tours on Oahu was helpful and you were able to book one that you liked! I’ve kayaked in all of these spots and had a blast so I’m sure you will too!
THE FOUR MOST POPULAR OAHU TOURS
- Doors-Off Oahu Helicopter Flight Tour: My number one recommendation is to do a heli-flight (doors off) and be blown away when you see Oahu from the air.
- North Shore Shark Cage Tour: The biggest adrenaline rush you can have in Hawaii is beneath the surface with sharks!
- Eco-Friendly Dolphin and Snorkel Tour: One of the best experiences I had on Oahu was swimming with the beautiful spinner dolphins on this exact tour.
- Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by Catamaran: The number 1 MOST POPULAR snorkel tour on Oahu. GUARANTEED Turtles!
WHERE TO STAY ON OAHU
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort (Overall Favorite): In the heart of Waikiki, this high-end resort is right on the beach with a private lagoon.
- Sheraton Waikiki (Luxury): A luxury resort with the most amazing infinity pool on the island, which overlooks the beach.
- Ewa Hotel Waikiki: (Value): Ewa Hotel is just one block back from the beach and is just over $150 USD.
- Waikiki Beachside Hostel (Budget Choice): A budget alternative, which is still in an amazing location.
- Disney Aulani Resort (Family Choice): This is a resort your kids will never forget. It honestly feels like you are living in a theme park.
MORE OAHU BLOG POSTS
I lived on Oahu for two years and loved adventuring from the beaches to the mountains to the waterfalls! These are my most popular blog post and guides from the beautiful island of Oahu to help you plan your trip!
- What to pack for Hawaii: THE HAWAII PACKING LIST: WHAT TO PACK
- A helpful guide to choosing accommodation: WHERE TO STAY ON OAHU
- Most epic hike on Oahu: THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN OAHU, HAWAII
- The best Waterfalls: AMAZING WATERFALLS ON OAHU, HAWAII
- Ultimate Cliff Jumping Guide: 11 BEST CLIFF JUMPING SPOTS ON OAHU
- Guide to Swimming with Sea Turtles: WHERE TO SEE TURTLES ON OAHU
- The best Waterfall Hikes: TOP WATERFALL HIKES ON OAHU
- Best Tours: 20 BEST TOURS ON OAHU
- The Ultimate Guide to Oahu: 80 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON OAHU