East Java is a land unlike no other. Most regions boast one or two-star attractions but what I found on my road trip is that each day just kept getting better. The next waterfall just got bigger and bigger and the volcanoes became more and more impressive.
After 10 days exploring East Java by car, I was blown away. We hired a car in Surabaya when we landed and road tripped to all the popular spots but also found some lesser-known gems along the way. These are my favorite East Java images from the trip.
My Photography Gear: Wondering what Camera and Photography Gear I take all my photos with while traveling around the world? Click Here to view my detailed guide about all of the gear I use and recommend for travel photography.
These photos were taken by myself but mostly Nic Morley. I spent the majority of the trip standing in his photos or more importantly videos. We were in East Java primarily to shoot a video. We still had time to create these stills though!
MORE EAST JAVA TRAVEL GUIDES
- The Ultimate Guide: 15 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN EAST JAVA
- Mount Bromo without a guide: MOUNT BROMO WITHOUT A TOUR
- Ijen Crater Trek: IJEN CRATER TREK AND THE BLUE FLAME
- Madakaripura Waterfall: MADAKARIPURA WATERFALL
- Island hopping in East Java: TABUHAN ISLAND & MENJANGAN ISLAND
- East Java Beaches: PAPUMA BEACH AND PAYANGAN BEACH