Getting the ferry from Bali to Lombok is a pretty straightforward journey if you have the right information. In this blog post, I will give you all of the tips you need to know before making the trip over to Lombok on the ferry. There are several different options when considering how to get from Bali to Lombok including the fast ferry, slow ferry, or even a flight. I’ll detail all of the options and why you should or shouldn’t choose each one depending on your situation.
I’ve been to Lombok using all three options, so you can rest assured that I can give you the right information based on personal experience. To cut right to the chase, the best option is by booking online for the Fast Boat (1.5 to 3 hours).
How To Get From Bali To Lombok
There are 3 ways to get from Bali to Lombok: by Flight (40 minutes), by Fast Boat (1.5 to 3 hours), and by Slow boat (4 to 8 hours). Depending on where you are going in Lombok, you can choose the most suitable means of transport, most visitors will stay in Senggigi or Kuta Lombok. I will explain more in the article about where you might want to stay.
BEST WAY TO BOOK BALI TO LOMBOK BY FERRY
Don’t have time to read the whole post? No problem! I’ll jump to the important bit. The best, easiest, and most reliable way to book a ticket for the ferry to Lombok from Bali is to book online with 12GO. This way you book at the correct price, have online proof of ticket and don’t need to wait to book in person at the dock.
Book your ticket: Bali to Lombok Ferry
|Ferry Bali - Lombok $ 26.41–45.57 2h – 3h 15m|
Bali to Lombok by Fast Ferry
Let’s start with the most convenient and most chosen means of transport when traveling from Bali to Lombok, which is by booking online for the Fast Boat.
- Duration: 1.5 – 3.5 hours
- Costs: $20 – $45
From Bali, you can catch ferries to Lombok from 2 ports: Padang Bai and Serangan.
In Lombok, there will be 2 popular ports that you can arrive at, which are Senggigi Pier (West Lombok) and Bangsal Pier (North Lombok). Among them, Senggigi Pier is the most popular pier, convenient for those who book accommodation in Senggigi or Kuta. As for Bangsal Pier, it will be suitable for those who have booked a stay in the north of the island. If you are heading straight to hike Mount Rinjani or visit Tiu Kelep Waterfall you will be heading to the north.
Most likely the tour companies in Rinjani will offer a free pick-up service if you arrive at this port. From this port, it will take 30-40 minutes to Senggigi and about 2 hours to drive to Kuta. Therefore, if you are staying in Kuta (most people) make sure you book a ferry to Senggigi!
TOP 3 PLACES TO STAY ON LOMBOK
Ferry schedules from Padang Bai to Bangsal (Lombok)
- Semaya One: 9:15 – 12:15 (3 hours)
- DPrabu Fastboat: 9:00 – 11:55 (2.5 hours)
- Ostina: 9:30 – 11:30 (2 hours)
- Eka Jaya Fastboat: 9:00 – 11:15 (2h15m) & 13:30 – 16:00 (2.5 hours)
- BlueWater Express: 10:15 – 12:40 (2h25m)
Ferry schedules from Serangan Port to Bangsal Harbour (Lombok)
- Gili Getaway: 9:00 – 11:45 (2h45m)
- BlueWater Express: 9:00 – 12:40 (3h40m)
|Ferry Bali - Lombok $ 26.41–45.57 2h – 3h 15m|
Please note that to make sure you can take the right ferry, you should book online with 12GO to secure your ferry tickets in advance, in addition, you can also buy them directly at the ticket office but I always prefer to have the tickets in hand before arriving so I know I can turn up half an hour before the ferry and be guaranteed a seat.
Bali to Lombok by Slow Ferry
- Duration: 4-8 hours
- Costs: $3.85
This is the cheapest means of transport that you can go from Bali to Lombok, but it also takes the longest, so it is suitable for those who want to travel on a budget. Slow ferries depart from Padang Bai and arrive at Lembar Port in West Lombok. The port is about 1.5 hours south of Senggigi and 1.5 hours west of Kuta, Lombok.
Schedule of the slow ferry from Bali to Lombok
- Departure time: 6:30, 9:30, 11:30, 14:30, 16:30, 19:30, 21:30 and continue in the night.
This is the only vehicle that allows you to carry a motorbike or a car. Fees are IDR 148,000 ($10) for motorbikes and IDR 285,000 ($19) for any vehicle over 500CC (e.g. car). In Bali, you can choose from 2 ferry ports to reach Lombok: Padang Bai and Serangan Port.
Bali to Lombok by Flight
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Cost: $43
Flights from Bali will depart from Denpasar Airport and will land at Lombok International Airport in the south of Lombok. You can book flights from airlines including Garuda Indonesia, AirAsia, Lion Air, and Wings Air. I’ve found the safest way to book these flights is to book online with 12GO. If anything goes wrong, you have the quick assistance of a support team.
Denpasar Airport (also known as Ngurah Rai International Airport), is about a 30-minute drive from Kuta or an hour’s drive from Canggu. You can book a Grab or Go-Jek or Taxi ride to get here.
Lombok Airport (Praya) is just a 30-minute drive from Kuta. From Senggigi, it’s a 1.5-hour drive. From here, you can catch the Damri bus to the main destinations in Lombok. The Damri shuttle’s ticket price is only about 25,000 IDR ($1.70) – IDR 35,000 ($2.35).
Alternatively, you can also take a taxi from the airport to your accommodation. Taxi prices range from around 100,000 IDR ($6.50) to Kuta Lombok, while around 125,000 IDR ($8.50) to Mataram and 170,000 IDR ($11.50) to Senggigi.
Best Things to Do In Lombok In 2022
There are a ton of adventurous things to do on Lombok, which I’ve detailed in my massive guide: 22 AWESOME THINGS TO DO ON LOMBOK, but here are a few of the best!
Hike Mount Rinjani
One of the island’s most popular attractions, Mount Rinjani is an active volcano in North Lombok. This climb is not easy and easy to complete in a short time, so you can join climbing trips for 2 days or more to ensure your health and spirit for the trip. You can check out my full article about this adventure here: A GUIDE TO TREKKING MOUNT RINJANI
Hike Pergasingan Hill
Hill Hiking is a great choice for those who love camping and waking up the next morning on a misty mountaintop, it is recommended to spend 1 night in the hills to enjoy the feeling of waking up refreshed the next morning. You can check out my full article about this adventure here: HIKING PERGASINGAN HILL
Waterfalls in Lombok
Lombok has some beautiful and famous natural waterfalls that you should visit such as Benang Stokel, Benang Kelambu, Tiu Kelep, and Gangga Waterfall. It will be an unforgettable experience for those who have never had the feeling of bathing in the wild in the fresh, cool water. Do not miss it when you come to Lombok!
I hope this is a helpful guide and that you feel like you have the right information for organizing your ferry from Bali to Lombok!
WHERE TO STAY IN NORTHERN LOMBOK
- Jeeva Santai Villas – Luxury Villa: Great location on the beautiful Mangsit Beach but also within driving distance of Tiu Kelep and Mount Rinjani. It is a location that offers the best of both worlds.
- Hakiki Inn Bungalows – Value: Set on the edge of rice fields with the jungle feel but the comfort of a private bungalow.
- Blue Mountain Cottage – Budget (but also value): This is where I stayed. The room was very basic but it was comfortable enough with a basic private bathroom.
WHERE TO STAY IN THE SOUTHERN REGION OF LOMBOK
If you are staying in the south to enjoy the beaches and surf in Kuta, Lombok you should choose one of the three accommodations in the ‘Southern‘ section below.
- Harmony Villas – Luxury: The beautiful white theme throughout the property contrasts against the emerald green pool and plants. The villas are laid out impeccably and the best part about this 4-star villa is that it actually isn’t as expensive as it looks.
- Martas Windows – Value/Luxury: This place is incredibly beautiful. Bungalow-style villas surround the modern pool at this amazing property. For less than $80 a night, you can get yourself what would cost hundreds of dollars in most other countries at Martas Windows.
- Boogie Hostel Kuta Lombok – Budget: The Boogie Hostel is everything you ask for in a hostel. It’s super modern and clean and has lots of chill spaces as well as lockers for your gear and blinds for privacy at your dorm.