Hong Kong is one of the top luxury destinations in the world. It’s the home of high-end shopping, fancy cars cruise the streets and there are some incredible luxury hotels to make your stay in Hong Kong unforgettable. On this list, you will find luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong that is best for Michelin-starred restaurants, rooftop infinity pool, jaw-dropping city or harbor views, and elegant rooms.
QUICK PICKS: 3 BEST 5-STAR HOTELS IN HONG KONG
Don’t have time to read my detailed breakdown of all the best luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong? No worries! These are my three top picks for luxury hotels in Hong Kong. If you book one of these three, you are guaranteed to have a great stay in a great location!
HONG KONG LUXURY HOTELS COMPARISON TABLE
Below is a comparison table of my top 10 favorite five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong.
|Intercontinental Hong Kong||Tsim Sha Tsui||$270|
|Grand Hyatt Hong Kong||Hong Kong Island||$264|
|The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong||Kowloon||$412|
|The Peninsula Hong Kong||Kowloon||$579|
|Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong||Hong Kong Island||$528|
|Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong||Hong Kong Island||$436|
|Island Shangri-La Hong Kong||Hong Kong Island||$296|
|The Upper House||Hong Kong Island||$417|
|The Murray Hong Kong, a Niccolo Hotel||Hong Kong Island||$327|
MY 4 FAVORITE HONG KONG TOURS
- Victoria Peak Tram & Sky Terrace: If you visit Hong Kong, you have to visit Victoria Peak!
- Aqua Luna Victoria Harbor Cruise: Sail Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour on a traditional Chinese wooden junk boat.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Park: An awesome experience for all ages!
- M+ Museum Ticket: Most popular museum in Hong Kong!
Click the orange button below to view all of the top-rated tours on Klook
TOP TEN LUXURY HOTELS IN HONG KONG
There are many luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong so finding the best one can be a challenge. Luxury hotels are usually expensive but some of the 5-star hotels in Hong Kong offer great value compared to other locations in the world. Here is the complete list of the ten best luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong.
Hotel ICON (Value for Money): Situated in Kowloon’s vibrant neighborhood, Hotel ICON is one of the top-rated luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong.
For approximately $150 a night, you can enjoy luxurious room features such as full floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views over Victoria Harbor. I mean this is 5-star quality at a 3-star price. And another highlight of this hotel is the heated rooftop pool. Indulge your holiday in Hong Kong by having poolside cocktails or beer as you watch the sun dip below the horizon. This is the sort of 5-star hotel that most travelers would fantasize about.
It has an awesome infinity pool and bathtubs in some rooms showcasing a magnificent view of the city and the harbor, a gym facing the harbor as well a price that can’t be beaten! Everything is fantastic! No wonder this is the most popular luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong
FOUR SEASONS HOTEL
Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong (Best Pool View): The Four Seasons Hotel is by far one of the best 5-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong. This chic and splendid hotel houses four exquisite restaurants, four outdoor pools, and two bars. Spoilt for choice.. literally.
The rooms are very luxurious offering unparalleled views of the harbor and the city. Plus each room is comfy and classy and fitted with luxurious items. Not to mention, the hotel is in an unbeatable location making it perfect for shopping, dining, and sightseeing.
The service and its attention to detail are phenomenal. However, the best feature of the hotel is the heated infinity pool on the sixth-floor roof deck overlooking Victoria Harbour. It’s a perfect place to drink your cocktail while relaxing and enjoying the best view of Hong Kong city. There is no question this is one of the top five-star hotels in Hong Kong Central. This renowned luxury hotel in Hong Kong is highly recommended whether you are traveling with your family or for business and leisure.
INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG
Intercontinental Hong Kong (Convenient Location): This 5-star luxury hotel in Hong Kong sits right on the waterfront and does not disappoint. It has everything you could ask for when staying in a 5-star hotel in Hong Kong. The hotel has a broad range of restaurants on-site and a large infinity pool with the best view of the harbor.
The buffet breakfast is in a restaurant downstairs called the “Harbourside” is another highlight of staying here as they served extensive international dishes plus the view of the harbor was a bonus. The Steak House Wine Bar and Grills offers a romantic setting for couples. Famous luxury brand shops are steps away from the property is it’s pretty convenient. From amazing views of the harbor and best location to convenient transportation, shopping, and exquisite restaurants, it’s got it all. This is one of the top picks for 5-star hotels in Hong Kong.
You NEED the Octopus Card
TRAVEL TIP: In Hong Kong you NEED the Octopus Card to use public transport and ferries, which is how everyone gets around. Pre-Book your Octopus Card with a Pre-Loaded balance of 50HKD so you can pick it up at the airport (very easy) and then catch public transport straight to your hotel.
- Conveniently ride the MTR, bus, ferry, coach, and tram with just a tap of your Hong Kong Tourist Octopus Card
- Conveniently pick up your card with a preloaded credit of HKD50-100 at the Hong Kong International Airport
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (Kid-friendly): This luxurious hotel is located on Hong Kong Island facing Victoria Harbor. As the name speaks for itself, Grand Hyatt is a perfect hotel for your grand vacation in Hong Kong. Each room features a stunning view of the harbor. The welcome gift and free smartphone use was an extra bonus. It is a big help especially when you are traveling in a non-English speaking country.
Grand Hyatt is also a very family-friendly hotel since they offer babysitting services and there is a pool and a massive playground for kids. The Club Lounge gives access to travelers who are here in Hong Kong for business. The hotel has a large number of rooms ranging from Grand Deluxe Rooms to Victoria Harbor Suites. If you are a Hyatt Globalist member, then take advantage of their Club Lounge as it is so romantic making it a perfect spot to have a dinner date with your loved one.
The Peninsula Hong Kong (World-class Service): Offering a mix of Eastern and Western hospitality, The Peninsula Hong Kong is an indulgent urban getaway for luxury enthusiasts and it is one of the most renowned 5-star hotels in the world. Stunning views of both the city the harbor are featured throughout this luxury hotel that houses with a lot of room options fitted with modern touches.
The lobby is mind-blowing and sets the tone for the entire hotel. When it comes to achingly good old and classic design, The Peninsula ranks the top as this extraordinary structure is one of Hong Kong’s most admired buildings since 1928. The location is another highlight of this property. It is just a stone throw away from the city’s notable attractions such as the Avenue of Stars and a museum.
Afternoon tea is must-try when you are in Hong Kong and during tea time in this hotel, you can tell that it has maintained its colonial-style vibe and look. Take advantage of their first-class service from a luxury car, exclusive helicopter transfer, yacht sunset cruising, and many more. This is, without a doubt, the most legendary hotel in Asia. I actually did the helicopter tour, which starts and finishes from the helipad on the roof of the Peninsula Hotel.
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong (Best Bar/Restaurants): This 5-star Hong Kong hotel reigns the atop skyline and is where the highest bar in the world can be found. That is a fact! OZONE is the most popular bar for wealthy locals and travelers from around the world including some well-known celebrities. On top of that, the hotel has five superb restaurants including two Michelin star restaurants.
On the topmost floor, you can find the International Commerce Center where business people meet. Their spacious and elegant rooms with large glass windows offer a mind-blowing panoramic view of the harbor and the entire city of Hong Kong. This hotel deserves to be given 5-stars as the service is also impeccable and everything is very luxurious making every guest want to stay here longer. The Ritz is one of the top five-star hotels in Kowloon.
MANDARIN ORIENTAL HONG KONG
Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong (Top-notch Amenities): Boasting spectacular views of the skyline and the harbor, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong wows every guest in no time. This legendary 5-star Hong Kong hotel offers amenities like no other. Ultra-stylish rooms ranging from City View King Rooms to Harbor View Suites with a sophisticated and contemporary look.
Amenities wise, there’s hardly a more sophisticated place to spend a couple of nights than Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong. Every room has a bathroom that is just of this world! Everything is superb. I must say the spa and wellness in this hotel is a must-try. And if you are a gym junkie, you can hire a personal trainer in their state-of-art fitness center. Whether you come to Hong Kong for business or leisure, this luxury hotel is definitely one of the most recommended on the island!
ISLAND SHANGRI-LA HONG KONG
Island Shangri-La Hong Kong (Value for Money): Set in the heart of the city where the actions begin, this chic luxury brand hotel attracts a lot of travelers from around the world. This is another distinguished luxury hotel that offers value for money on Hong Kong Island although the price is a tad bit higher than Hotel ICON. It’s a home away from home.
The hotel has luxurious amenities including eight first-rate restaurants, a beautiful outdoor pool, and lavish rooms fitted with high-quality toiletries, a flat-screen TV, an ample work desk, and a minibar. A spa and fitness center are quite a treat but the gigantic Chinese painting in the Atrium attracts every guest here as it is so pretty. It’s fascinating! You’ll be treated like royalty here. Indulge a luxurious setting with a blend of European style at Island Shangri-la Hong Kong. I definitely recommend a stay here at one of the top luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong!
THE UPPER HOUSE
The Upper House (Spacious Rooms): The Upper House is a world-class boutique hotel nestled near the Admiralty station providing easy access to everything. Combining convenience, privacy, and comfort, this elegant hotel houses spacious minimalist rooms which are the best feature of the hotel. If you pick a room on the upper level, you’ll be rewarded with a stunning view of the city and the harbor.
Take advantage of the view while having a bath with a cocktail in your hand. Sounds romantic, isn’t it? On the 49th floor, Cafe Gray Restaurant features incredible views and first-class cuisine where business people and classy tourists flock especially lunch and dinner. This is a cant-miss spot when you’re staying in The Upper House. With its flawless personalized service, extensive rooms, and a large collection of contemporary artworks, this is undoubtedly an ultra-luxury, boutique hotel on Hong Kong Island!
THE MURRAY HONG KONG, A NICCOLO HOTEL
The Murray Hong Kong, a Niccolo Hotel (Exceptional Service): Located in a tranquil neighborhood of Hong Kong Island, The Murray is a brand-new, luxury boutique hotel in Hong Kong Central. An award-winning hotel due to its sustainable and elegant design. It is perfect for savvy business travelers and families.
This 5-star Hong Kong hotel is only a 25-story residence but each boutique room is meticulously appointed for ultimate serenity and relaxation showcasing the views of both nature and tall buildings. Amenities of this hotel include rooms and suites, modern fitness facilities, a swimming pool, a sauna, restaurants, and bars. When it comes to dining, this property takes pride in giving every guest the most unforgettable dining experience in their life. Efficiency wise, this hotel is perfect! So I definitely recommend this boutique, luxury Hong Kong hotel!
- An award-winning hotel
- Modern fitness facilities
- Restaurants and bars
I hope you enjoyed this guide to the best luxury 5-star hotels in Hong Kong.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT 5-STAR HOTELS IN HONG KONG
- What amenities can I expect in a five-star luxury hotel in Hong Kong?Five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong typically offer an array of high-end amenities. These can include spacious and beautifully appointed rooms, gourmet on-site restaurants, 24-hour room service, wellness facilities (such as spas and fitness centers), and concierge services. Many also offer additional luxuries like rooftop pools, limousine services, and private butlers.
- Are five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong located in the city center?Most five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong are centrally located, often in areas like Central, Tsim Sha Tsui, and Wan Chai. They usually offer panoramic views of the city skyline or Victoria Harbour.
- Do five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong offer free Wi-Fi?Yes, almost all five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong offer complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi to their guests.
- What dining options are available at five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong?Five-star luxury hotels usually have one or more high-quality restaurants on-site, offering a variety of cuisines. Many also offer 24-hour room service, and some may even have a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Do five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong arrange airport transfers?Yes, most five-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong can arrange airport transfers, often with a private chauffeur. Some may offer this service complimentary, while others may charge an additional fee.
Pros of staying in a five-star luxury hotel in Hong Kong:
- Exceptional Comfort and Service: Five-star luxury hotels offer premium comfort, outstanding service, and attention to detail.
- Prime Locations: These hotels are usually located in prime areas with convenient access to key attractions, shopping districts, and business centers.
- High-End Amenities: From spa facilities to fine dining options and private butlers, five-star hotels offer a range of high-end amenities for a luxurious stay.
- Stunning Views: Many luxury hotels in Hong Kong are located in high-rise buildings offering stunning views of the city skyline or Victoria Harbour.
Cons of staying in a five-star luxury hotel in Hong Kong:
- Cost: The most significant downside to staying in a five-star luxury hotel is the high cost, which can be prohibitive for many travelers.
- Less Authentic Local Experience: These hotels can sometimes lack the local character and cultural experiences that smaller, local accommodations might offer.
- Potential Extra Charges: While five-star hotels offer many amenities, some services might come with an additional charge, such as spa treatments, dining at on-site restaurants, or certain concierge services.
- Crowded: Depending on the time of the year and the hotel, facilities like swimming pools or restaurants could be crowded, particularly if the hotel is a popular choice for business conferences or weddings.
HAVE YOU READ MY OTHER HONG KONG ARTICLES?
- A complete guide to the best things to do: 27 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN HONG KONG
- My favorite hikes in Hong Kong: 21 AWESOME HIKES IN HONG KONG
- How to plan your Hong Kong trip: 3-DAY HONG KONG ITINERARY FOR ADVENTURE-LOVERS
- The biggest ever guide for where to stay in Hong Kong: WHERE TO STAY IN HONG KONG: BEST AREAS & HOTELS
- My favorite EASY hikes: 10 EASY HIKING TRAILS IN HONG KONG
- The most luxurious places to stay: THE TOP 10 LUXURY HOTELS IN HONG KONG (5-STAR LIST)
- The ultimate adventure: EPIC HONG KONG HELICOPTER TOUR FROM THE PENINSULA HOTEL
- The toughest overall hike: WEST DOG’S TEETH HIKE ‘HARDEST HIKE IN HONG KONG’
- Best waterfall hike: TAI MO SHAN HIKE: THE HIGHEST PEAK IN HONG KONG