Manglarito Waterfall in Chame begins with an insane canyon drop, which flows down into an amphitheater with the main waterfall. Both of the waterfalls are beautiful and this jungle atmosphere is one of my favorites in Panama.
We parked the car at the top of the hill and as per usual in Panama, crawled under a barb wire fence to begin the short trek down. It only took about 10-15 minutes of walking through the trail to reach the canyon waterfall.
I was expecting a regular waterfall with a big pool but all of a sudden we were standing on the edge looking down into a treacherous canyon. It was a beautiful spot with vines growing all over the walls and the surge of water crashing down into the narrow canyon below.
There is a small ledge you can sit on to get a better view but be careful near this canyon because one slip would be big trouble. Stay back from the edge to be safe. We hung out here for thirty minutes taking the scene in before continuing down the trail for another five minutes to reach Manglarito Waterfall.
It was a huge amphitheater with a big swimming hole. Manglarito gushed down powerfully across a wide rock-face. It was possible to climb up onto the rocks and even possible to jump in but the water was very shallow. I loved all of the little rock pools, tree bridges and boulders are strewn throughout the amphitheater. You could tell that over the years big storms and landslides had slowly smashed debris, rocks, and trees into certain positions in which they remain today.
The hike down is only about 20 minutes total but is quite steep and slippery in parts so this is a trail to be attempted with caution although I found it relatively easy.
ADVENTURE BAG FROM MANGLARITO WATERFALL.
This is an adventure bag. It is full of trash. Every time I go on an adventure I collect one adventure bag full of trash. It’s my small way of saying thanks to mother nature for allowing me to enjoy her beautiful creations. If we have time to go on an adventure we have time to collect an adventure bag on the way back out of the trail once we have enjoyed the waterfall, the hike or the beach. Adventure hard!
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY OTHER PANAMA GUIDES
- 70 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN PANAMA: The ultimate guide to exploring the whole country!
- 26 AMAZING WATERFALLS IN PANAMA: The ultimate guide to waterfall chasing in Panama.
- 6 BEST CLIFF JUMPING SPOTS IN PANAMA: The guide for thrill-seekers and adrenaline hunters.
- 37 AMAZING HIKES IN PANAMA: All of the best hiking trails. Many you’ve never heard of!
- 18 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN BOQUETE: Hiking, waterfalls, and volcanoes.
- 12 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN EL VALLE DE ANTON: My favorite place to base in Panama.
- 10 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN SANTA CATALINA: Surf, hike, swim, kayak, and explore.
I hope you enjoy my guides and have a great time exploring Panama!